7 Ways Lemons Can Improve Your Health
Updated: Nov 24, 2019
Lemons are easy to find year round at any grocery store. It's time to incorporate them into your diet more often!
Although this fruit is most famous for making people pucker up, it also has significant health benefits that are too good to pass up.
Lemon water can help maintain better hydration and electrolyte levels.
Health Benefits of Lemons
1. Lemons help with liver detoxification by assisting to maintain healthy liver enzyme levels.
2. Lemons are a great source of Vitamin C, which can help fight the flu and colds.
3. Lemons are a great source of fiber that can lower LDL cholesterol levels for better heart health.
4. Lemons can help prevent signs and symptoms of kidney stones, gallstones, and calcium deposits by breaking them down with the citric acid.
5. Lemons can help with collagen formation. Vitamin C is a key component in producing collagen. Collagen is used to help maintain joints, skin, ligaments, and gut.
6. Lemons boost the immune system because it's a great source of Vitamin C.
7. Lemons are great used in water for hydration and electrolyte balance.
**If you experience health issues, consult your primary care physician before making any diet changes.